AUTOSTRADDLE HAS MOVED! Check out the new autostraddle at www.autostraddle.com !!

South of Nowhere Recaps

Back in the day, when I was even cooler than I am now, I used to "go to work" every day, many hours in a row, totaling about 60 hours a week, most of 'em at an unpaid internship. By Friday night I'd be like "I'm not going out. I'm going home, putting on sweatpants and shoving some food in my mouth." But instead, I'd go to the gym, come home, take some stimulants, turn on "The N" and clean the entire apartment. Then I'd shove food in my mouth. My roomate'd be in Brooklyn with her boyfriend, so I could pump up the Degrassi and South of Nowhere like there was no one watching. [Coincidentally and luckily, no one was.]

JK I almost never go out on Friday nights, and it's been that way ever since I was old enough to walk, walked out the door, saw all the people, and promptly turned around. So, though all those theater cats'll be at work on Friday nights, Carly and I'll be sitting on our asses, eating breaded fried chicken products [McDonald's], drinking soda pop n' vodka, watching South of Nowhere, waiting for Spashley to get it ONNN, and, when appropriate, making jokes. Then recapping it here. It's not exactly the comic goldmine of The L Word, but clearly we'll watch anything with lesbians in it and, really, if you think about it, The L Word is probably one of the funniest potential-comic-goldmine shows for a recapper ever created, and that is perhaps it's own kind of phenomenal accomplishment.


11 comments:

  1. Edilma said...

    Hahahah can't wait :P  

  2. Tracey said...

    This is going to be good. :)
    My gf and I already make fun of this show, I can't wait to see what you have to say about it.  

  3. Anonymous said...

    Yay! Recaps!

    Can't watch the show because we don't get it in the UK (we're all retards) but will enjoy recaps (of a show I've never watched) cuz you're funnnnnnyyyyyyyyyyy.  

  4. The Brooklyn Boy said...

    PS Word I'm in.

    Stupid N and it's well-written guilty pleasure goodness ...  

  5. Tory said...

    Riese, you look fucking hot in that pic. Oh, and you're brillant. :)  

  6. riese said...

    Aw, thanks all of you guys! We're also excited, full of yays and hotness and all that brill stuff.  

  7. Bridget said...

    there are no words to describe how much i love SoN - none!

    yay for recaps!!!!  

  8. Convert avi to mp4 said...

    Great post! I am just hyper excited right now! Can't wait to see it asap! Thank you for this article!  

  9. free mts to dvd said...

    thanks all of you guys! We're also excited, full of yays and hotness and all that brill stuff.  

  10. Convert VOB to MP4 Mac said...

    Really a nice post and i like the second photo very much.  

  11. vob in mov for mac said...

    there are no words to describe how much i love SoN - none!  

About This Blog

Auto-Straddle is where Autowin indulges her guilty pleasures -- The L Word, South of Nowhere, and other queer pop culture.

We have now moved to a new URL - Autostraddle.com!

  © Blogger template The Professional Template by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP